Get-hooked May 1, 2018
5 fun activities for kids with special needs this summer in Bengaluru
Wondering how to make this summer vacation exciting for your kid? Summer camps are ideal! Camps are all about fun and frolic. Your child can interact with others and explore new things.
Newzhook has given you some great suggestions for summer camps happening at various cities across India. This time, we bring you the best from the city of Bengaluru. These camps are for children with disabilities. Check them out.
Kids Summer Camp– The camp will be run by special educators Sunita, Tejal and Kalpana. The camp is for children with all kinds of disabilities. Children will be trained in singing and other arts. They can engage in movement based cross line activities, fire less cooking and sand activities. Learn your rythm, public speaking, yoga, story creation and dance classes are also planned for the kids!
- Camp Dates- 7 May to 18 May
- Age Group- 3 to 10 years
- Timings- 10.30 am to 12.30 pm, 5 days a week
- Cost per head- Rs 4,000
- Location- 26, 1st Cross Shop No. 5, Pavithra Paradise, Sai Enclave Building, Near MS Ramaiha City, JP Nagar, 7th Phase, Bengaluru
- Contact- 9886000154
Perseverence Summer Camp– This camp is run by the Perseverence Autism School in Bengaluru. Organizers have planned an array of activities for children. The camp is exclusively for children with autism. Arts, crafts, planting lessons, dance and music are the highlights of the camp. The organizers are going to focus on enabling children to work in a group.
- Camp Dates- 2 May to 18 May
- Age Group- 4 to 12 years
- Timings- 9 am to 12 pm, 5 days a week
- Cost per head- Rs 6,000
- Location- 1652, 7th Main, 20th cross, C Block, Sahakara Nagar, Bengaluru
- Contact- 9036017200
Balls and Studs Sports Summer Camp– This camp is exclusively for sports! It is organized by Perserverence Autism School. Students will be coached in basketball, football and badminton. Students with autism will be given an opportunity to explore and exercise sports to an advanced level. They will be trained in social skills, physical fitness, obedience, resourcefulness, team work and stress tolerance.
- Camp Date- 15 April to 15 May
- Age Group- 5 to 15 years
- Timings- 11.30 am to 1.30 pm
- Cost per head- Rs 2500 for one week
- Location- No. 50, 1st Cross, 1st Block, 1st Stage, HBR Layout, Bengaluru
- Contact- 7337784449
Rainbow Hut Summer Camp– Organized by Rainbow Hut, this camp will be all about fun and games for children with autism. Organizers have planned various activities. Crafts and arts, games, dance and music along with simple therapies are lined up for the summer camp.
- Camp Date- 1 May to 15 May
- Age Group- 14 years and above
- Timings- 10 am to 2 pm, 5 days a week
- Cost per head- Rs 15,500
- Location- No. 38, 3rd Main Road, Ashwini Layout, Koramangla, Bengaluru
- Contact- 9886000154
Tom and Jerry Special School Summer Camp– This camp is organized by Tom and Jerry Nursery and special school. Children with all kinds of disabilities can take part in the camp! Dance, music, yoga, eye hand co-ordination, painting on paper cups and ice cream sticks and interactive sessions are hosted by the organizers.
- Camp Date- 2 April to 3 May
- Age Group- 2 to 15 years
- Timings- 10 am to 1 pm, 6 days a week
- Cost per head- Rs 4000
- Location- No. 214, Chennamanakere Achukata Main road, 7th Cross, 3rd Phase, 6th Block, Bengaluru