Get-hooked July 19, 2018
Disability Pension Scheme – Uttar Pradesh
India’s largest state, Uttar Pradesh, offers a disability pension scheme called Divyanjan Pension. This is a fusion of the the state as well as the Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension scheme.
What is offered
The monthly disability pension offered is Rs 300.
Who is eligible
- Should be a resident of the state
- Beneficiary should fall Below Poverty Line. This is presently on the basis of Rs.46,080 in rural areas and Rs 56,460 in urban areas per family per year.
- Above 18 years of age
- Minimum 40% disability
- People receiving aid under old age pension, widow pension, Samajwadi pension or any other scheme are not eligible. Nor are people receiving support from government institutions/shelters.
- Decision of the Collector will be final relative to eligibility of the beneficiaries.
- Disability certificate
- Proof of residence. This can be ration/voter card, or certificate issued by Sarpanch/panchayat)
- Savings bank account number.
- Proof of income issued by MP/MLA/Mayor, Chairman of Nagar Panchayat or Zila Panchayat/Tehsildar, Block Development Officer/ or even Gram Pradhan.
How to apply
Applicant needs to visit Gram Sabha and District Handicapped Welfare Officer.
Watch in Sign Language
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!