Get-hooked August 25, 2018
Mumbai entrepreneur with Down syndrome is a hit in her TV debut!
Aditi Verma, the young Mumbai restaurateur with Down syndrome, sizzled in her TV debut this week.
The 23-year-old was featured in Zee TV’s popular show Kitchen Journey, a program that highlights the achievements of people who have taken their cooking skills to the entrepreneurial level.
Aditi runs a restaurant called Aditi’s Corner in Navi Mumbai, which was gifted to her by her parents. Here she runs the show, from preparing the food, taking orders, to handling accounts.
I loved the entire experience, from putting make up on to shooting at my home and at the restaurant. The best part was going to Filmistan for the main shoot and meeting anchor Renuka Shahane. I am a big fan of Renuka since the film ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’. – Aditi Verma, Entrepreneur
Aditi’s parents were also invited for the shoot to share the story of her amazing journey. At Filmistan, Aditi was asked to prepare her signature Maggi dish.
I was more nervous than she was. She kept telling me, ‘Mama, stay cool, cool’. – Reena Verma, Aditi’s mother
Do you want to learn how to make Aditi’s version of Maggie? Well, she shared the secret with us!
Aditi’s Maggi Recipe
- Put some oil in a saucepan.
- Fry an onion, chopped into small pieces. Add one chopped capsicum, one chopped carrot and some green chilies’.
- Add the Maggi noodles and the amount of water mentioned in the instructions.
- Add the Maggie Masala powder and here comes Aditi’s touch – a pinch of amchur.
- Cook until noodles are done. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Noodles are ready!
Read more to learn about Aditi’s inspiring journey:
Down syndrome is no barrier for this successful Mumbai hotel owner