Amway launches Braille library in Bhopal
Amway India, along with the NGO Arushi, has set up a Braille and audio library for visually-impaired students in Bhopal. The library is located in the Arushi centre.
The library offers Braille versions of more than 350 books and journals ranging from academic books, fiction, self-help, and general knowledge.
Amway hopes that the library will encourage education and knowledge among the visually impaired so they can get opportunities despite physical limitations. This year Amway has supported the opening of 32 Braille libraries across the country, which are expected to benefit more than 11,000 visually impaired people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 16, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News