College in Lucknow to start course in graphic design for the deaf
November 19, 2017
For the first time, an exclusive College for Deaf is being established at the Shakuntala Misra Rehabilitation University.
The institute, a first in north India, is aimed at empowering hearing impaired students by improving their creativity with professional education and skill development. The college will offer a three-year Bachelor of Vocation in Graphics and Animation Designing.
There will be many courses, one for six months, one for a year, and one for two years, after which students will get an advanced diploma. Those completing the course will be awarded a degree.
The aim is to raise the employment prospects of hearing impaired students. The construction of the college building has started and classes will start from this session.
A grant has been awarded by the state and central government for purchase of aids, equipment and scholarships.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 #BeingMom - Behind swimming champ Ankita Anvikar's success story is mom Anjali
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Video of candidate crying over 5 votes goes viral
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Some tips for making travel comfortable when you have a child with Down syndrome
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News