College in Lucknow to start course in graphic design for the deaf
November 19, 2017
For the first time, an exclusive College for Deaf is being established at the Shakuntala Misra Rehabilitation University.
The institute, a first in north India, is aimed at empowering hearing impaired students by improving their creativity with professional education and skill development. The college will offer a three-year Bachelor of Vocation in Graphics and Animation Designing.
There will be many courses, one for six months, one for a year, and one for two years, after which students will get an advanced diploma. Those completing the course will be awarded a degree.
The aim is to raise the employment prospects of hearing impaired students. The construction of the college building has started and classes will start from this session.
A grant has been awarded by the state and central government for purchase of aids, equipment and scholarships.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Technology August 22, 2019 #TechThursdays – Kibo XS, world’s 1st intelligent personalised scanning & reading companion
- Headlines August 16, 2019 From 29 October, women can travel for free on Delhi buses
- Parasports August 21, 2019 Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
- Headlines August 22, 2019 BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend 17 Aug-18 Aug
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 Hydrotherapist Amal Upadhyay is convinced about the healing powers of swimming
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News