Prosthetic arm can be controlled with mind using Bluetooth
Johan Baggerman is the first person in the Netherlands who has received a prosthetic arm that can be controlled with his mind.
The special arm is directly attached to the bone and can be controlled using a Bluetooth bracelet that receives signals.
Three surgeries were performed to fix the artificial arm to Baggerman’s body. The surgeries connected his nerves to the artificial arm and still allows for the arm to be removed easily.
The process takes time and the three surgeries were done between 2013 and 2016, while the final stages were reached recently.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News