Cricket academy for visually impaired in Kerala giving life lessons
India's first-ever cricket academy for visually impaired is in Kerala and is run by the Cricket Association for the Blind.
The academy has 17 school children who are from almost all parts of Kerala. The academy started with weekend classes last year and this year has launched a 10 day camp at the School for the Blind in Aluva.
The aim of the academy is not just to teach cricket to the visually impaired children. It also wants them to learn skills that will help them in their lives.
The game has helped the visually impaired children become independent and a lot more like other children.
Watch in Sign Language
- Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
October 21, 2018
- Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
October 18, 2018
- India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
October 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Parasports October 21, 2018 Amputees Vinod Rawat & Ashok Munne show their mettle in world's highest cross-country rally
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 This disabled girl from Kerala is fighting roadblocks to get a driver’s license
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Chaarana Centre for Special Needs is a haven for disabled children in Bengaluru
- Headlines October 20, 2018 Sabrimalai temple priests continue to block women's entry into temple
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Abhyan Centre steps in to lend a hand to disabled teenagers
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News