Cricket academy for visually impaired in Kerala giving life lessons
India's first-ever cricket academy for visually impaired is in Kerala and is run by the Cricket Association for the Blind.
The academy has 17 school children who are from almost all parts of Kerala. The academy started with weekend classes last year and this year has launched a 10 day camp at the School for the Blind in Aluva.
The aim of the academy is not just to teach cricket to the visually impaired children. It also wants them to learn skills that will help them in their lives.
The game has helped the visually impaired children become independent and a lot more like other children.
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Rare Diseases
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News