Deaf critic movie review of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
May 14, 2017
A hearing perspective:
American superhero film, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is the second part of 2014's Guardians of the Galaxy.
The film is based on the fictional superhero team by Marvel Comics.
The film features Chris Pratt as Peter Quill, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax, Bradley Cooper as Rocket, Vin Diesel's voice for Baby Groot, Michael Rooker as Yondu Udonta and Kurt Russell as Ego in important roles.
The film introduces Peter, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Baby Groot as the Guardians of the Galaxy.
When Sovereign race attacks the Guardians' ship with a fleet of drones, Peter's father Ego destroys the drones. Ego takes Peter with Gamora and Drax to his home planet.
Meanwhile, Yondu Udonta and Rocket are imprisoned by Taserface. But Baby Groot and Yondu's loyalist Kraglin help them to escape from the place.
Ego explains Peter that he is god-like Celestial and reveals that he knowingly caused the death of Peter's mother.
The way Peter fights back and reunites with the Guardians to destroy Ego's planet forms the remaining part of the story.
The basic plot of the film is not interesting. Baby Groot's cuteness and comedy in between some serious moments were the only entertaining parts of the film. Overall, the film is a one-time watch.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News