Sundeep Rao, India's funniest partially blind comedian
October 8, 2017
Sundeep Rao was eight years old when he woke up one morning and realised that he could not see. He was declared partially blind and the doctors told him he could not be treated.
Sundeep says he just moved on with life. He did not think of it as a tragedy, and behaved like any child and had fun.
Today Sundeep is 34 years old and is a stand-up comic. He has learned that laughter has helped him deal with his condition which is called Juvenile Macular Degeneration.
It is caused by the breakdown of the eye's macula, the central part of the retina resulting in loss of central vision. He cannot see straight, but can see from the sides.
By making people laugh, Sundeep hopes to encourage people to laugh at the problems and challenges in life. He says he likes to be called 'India's funniest partially blind comedian'.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Delhi Police reacts to Kejriwal’s comment on security
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 'We have only one life, so live it to the fullest' - My Take by Krishnakumar PS
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News