Sundeep Rao, India's funniest partially blind comedian
Sundeep Rao was eight years old when he woke up one morning and realised that he could not see. He was declared partially blind and the doctors told him he could not be treated.
Sundeep says he just moved on with life. He did not think of it as a tragedy, and behaved like any child and had fun.
Today Sundeep is 34 years old and is a stand-up comic. He has learned that laughter has helped him deal with his condition which is called Juvenile Macular Degeneration.
It is caused by the breakdown of the eye's macula, the central part of the retina resulting in loss of central vision. He cannot see straight, but can see from the sides.
By making people laugh, Sundeep hopes to encourage people to laugh at the problems and challenges in life. He says he likes to be called 'India's funniest partially blind comedian'.
Watch in Sign Language
- 5 things you must know about wheelchair users
November 18, 2018
- Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
November 17, 2018
- What made Stan Lee's superheroes so magical for children with autism
November 17, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Some pre-school activities to improve well-being of disabled children
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee dies at 95
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Protestors block activist Trupti Desai who was headed to Sabarimala
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Facebook launches TikTok like app called 'Lasso'
- Accessibility November 18, 2018 MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 The Executive Age of children with ADHD, find out more
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Delhi on high alert after threat of terror attack
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News