Sundeep Rao, India's funniest partially blind comedian
October 8, 2017
Sundeep Rao was eight years old when he woke up one morning and realised that he could not see. He was declared partially blind and the doctors told him he could not be treated.
Sundeep says he just moved on with life. He did not think of it as a tragedy, and behaved like any child and had fun.
Today Sundeep is 34 years old and is a stand-up comic. He has learned that laughter has helped him deal with his condition which is called Juvenile Macular Degeneration.
It is caused by the breakdown of the eye's macula, the central part of the retina resulting in loss of central vision. He cannot see straight, but can see from the sides.
By making people laugh, Sundeep hopes to encourage people to laugh at the problems and challenges in life. He says he likes to be called 'India's funniest partially blind comedian'.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Karnataka govt introduces accessibility features for elections, disability groups raise questions
- Get-hooked March 25, 2019 Tough, but not impossible. - Guest columnist Karthik Chandrashekhar talks about his journey overcoming disability
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News