Sundeep Rao, India's funniest partially blind comedian
October 8, 2017
Sundeep Rao was eight years old when he woke up one morning and realised that he could not see. He was declared partially blind and the doctors told him he could not be treated.
Sundeep says he just moved on with life. He did not think of it as a tragedy, and behaved like any child and had fun.
Today Sundeep is 34 years old and is a stand-up comic. He has learned that laughter has helped him deal with his condition which is called Juvenile Macular Degeneration.
It is caused by the breakdown of the eye's macula, the central part of the retina resulting in loss of central vision. He cannot see straight, but can see from the sides.
By making people laugh, Sundeep hopes to encourage people to laugh at the problems and challenges in life. He says he likes to be called 'India's funniest partially blind comedian'.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Death toll rises in monsoon fury at Himachal Pradesh
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Ex-minister P Chidambaram arrested
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-Hooked August 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News