Sundeep Rao, India's funniest partially blind comedian
Sundeep Rao was eight years old when he woke up one morning and realised that he could not see. He was declared partially blind and the doctors told him he could not be treated.
Sundeep says he just moved on with life. He did not think of it as a tragedy, and behaved like any child and had fun.
Today Sundeep is 34 years old and is a stand-up comic. He has learned that laughter has helped him deal with his condition which is called Juvenile Macular Degeneration.
It is caused by the breakdown of the eye's macula, the central part of the retina resulting in loss of central vision. He cannot see straight, but can see from the sides.
By making people laugh, Sundeep hopes to encourage people to laugh at the problems and challenges in life. He says he likes to be called 'India's funniest partially blind comedian'.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Fed up of delays in updated guidelines for disabled MBBS aspirants, activists approach minister
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Get-hooked January 20, 2019 Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Accessibility January 20, 2019 Get set for #Sabkeliye, India's biggest & boldest accessible shopping initiative ever
- Parasports January 20, 2019 Samarthanam Trust, Pinkathon to.organize ultra-marathon for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Reach Out camps are enabling disabled people to experience the magic of yoga
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked January 13, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News