Special iPads for PwD to be given in Tamil Nadu
The Commissionerate of the Welfare of the Differently Abled in Tamil Nadu will soon begin distributing special devices to all districts to help in communication through pictures and speech synthesis.
The device is an Apple iPad, which will be loaded with Avaz, a software developed by a former IIT Madras student. The market rate of each is Rs 25,000.
The application offers a series of pictures, which may be selected to express one’s thoughts. Or a combination of picture selection and typing of small words through the on-screen keyboard can also be used.
For those who have lesser motor control, there is a scanning option that allows a user to press anywhere. They will get a set of narrowed-down options till the right one is reached.
Special educators are also being trained to help children with the device. There will be a training workshop where close to 130 persons will be trained.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018