Natrinai - the radio service without a studio
May 10, 2017
The Natrinai Audio Gallery is a radio service that is making waves without a studio. It has completed 500 episodes in September 2016, and is racing towards its 700th recording.
The service began as a WhatsApp group messaging service to create a bank of audio learning material for visually challenged students in Tiruchi in Tamil Nadu. Blind listeners enjoy the Natrinai bulletins because they could be played at their convenience, and they could stay informed about current affairs.
There is a daily general knowledge quiz, readings from literary works, and storytelling segments. From a WhatsApp group, today it has become a website -www.natrinai.org.
Natrinai has retained its WhatsApp number - 8220999799 - but the archived recordings can be found only on the website. The feed runs from 6 AM to 9 AM and is re-telecast from 6 PM to 9 PM on the same day.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News