Sound technology enables the blind to run without help
Sonic or sound-based technology has the potential to help blind or visually impaired people run on their own, without someone else guiding them.
18-year-old Oscar Widegren, who has been visually impaired since the age of 5, is part of a project called 'The Impossible Run'. The Impossible Run is a first-of its-kind experiment developed in partnership with Swedish sound design company Lexter to break the belief that blind runners can't run without help.
The experiment has been able to prove that sound technology can enable people to run, train, or exercise how and when they want to, without needing another person.
A laser-sharp sound tunnel was created for Oscar to run without help, guided only by sound. The technology could make sports more accessible for all people.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019