New comic book has star with Down syndrome
A new comic book that will be published this year will feature a superhero with Down syndrome.
The character is called Jonah, a teenage boy with an extra 21st chromosome, in a series called 'Superb.'
The step to include a superhero with a developmental disability is part of publisher Lion Forge’s pledge to provide comics for everyone. The story has young adults who find out what it means to be a hero.
By showing Jonah's adventures, the series hopes to encourage the value, acceptance and inclusion of superheroes that are present within all people with Down syndrome.
Superb will be released on 19 July.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019