New comic book has star with Down syndrome
May 12, 2017
A new comic book that will be published this year will feature a superhero with Down syndrome.
The character is called Jonah, a teenage boy with an extra 21st chromosome, in a series called 'Superb.'
The step to include a superhero with a developmental disability is part of publisher Lion Forge's pledge to provide comics for everyone. The story has young adults who find out what it means to be a hero.
By showing Jonah's adventures, the series hopes to encourage the value, acceptance and inclusion of superheroes that are present within all people with Down syndrome.
Superb will be released on 19 July.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News