New comic book has star with Down syndrome
May 12, 2017
A new comic book that will be published this year will feature a superhero with Down syndrome.
The character is called Jonah, a teenage boy with an extra 21st chromosome, in a series called 'Superb.'
The step to include a superhero with a developmental disability is part of publisher Lion Forge's pledge to provide comics for everyone. The story has young adults who find out what it means to be a hero.
By showing Jonah's adventures, the series hopes to encourage the value, acceptance and inclusion of superheroes that are present within all people with Down syndrome.
Superb will be released on 19 July.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News