Top Delhi college sets up signage for students with visual impairments
Miranda House, one of New Delhi's best known residential colleges for women, has become the first college under the Delhi University to become accessible for visually challenged students.
The college has 70 visually challenged students and it has started the use of signages across the campus. These digital vision signages are made of QR code acrylic sheets.
Students have to use a special phone app that gets activated within three feet of the code and speaks out the location and its information.
For instance, if a student is near a door signage, it will be sensed by the app and give out a warning about the glass door and the number of steps that need to be taken to reach it.
Teachers are also helping the students with the app download and its use.
Watch in Sign Language
- The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
December 11, 2018
- Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
December 10, 2018
- Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
December 9, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Events December 9, 2018 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Headlines December 15, 2018 Badminton players Saina Nehwal and Parupalli Kashyap are married
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018