Deaf critic movie review of Alien: Covenant
A hearing perspective:
American science-fiction horror film Alien: Covenant is a sequel to the 2012 film Prometheus and the sixth part of the Alien film series.
It features Michael Fassbender (as David and Walter), Katherine Waterston (as Dany), Billy Crudup (as Christopher), Danny McBride (as Tennessee), Carmen Ejogo (as Karine), and Demián Bichir (as Sergeant) in important roles.
The film introduces a new concept of human evolution and shows how the malfunction of artificial intelligence risks the lives of two-thousand colonists and a thousand embryos on the Covenant ship.
It follows the crew of the colony ship Covenant that lands on an unknown planet thinking it to be safe for colonization.
As the crew members investigate further, they discover a dark, dangerous world where they meet David, an artificial android and the only survivor of the destroyed Prometheus mission.
The way David uses the Alien creature to kill some crew members and enter the colonial ship to do his experiments forms the scariest parts of the film.
The performances of the actors, plot twists, visual and sound effects are average. Also, the movie lacks a proper story and direction. The ending was quite predictable.
Verdict: The film is a one-time watch only for science-fiction lovers and fans of Alien movie series.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019