Deaf critic movie review of Alien: Covenant
May 31, 2017
A hearing perspective:
American science-fiction horror film Alien: Covenant is a sequel to the 2012 film Prometheus and the sixth part of the Alien film series.
It features Michael Fassbender (as David and Walter), Katherine Waterston (as Dany), Billy Crudup (as Christopher), Danny McBride (as Tennessee), Carmen Ejogo (as Karine), and Demián Bichir (as Sergeant) in important roles.
The film introduces a new concept of human evolution and shows how the malfunction of artificial intelligence risks the lives of two-thousand colonists and a thousand embryos on the Covenant ship.
It follows the crew of the colony ship Covenant that lands on an unknown planet thinking it to be safe for colonization.
As the crew members investigate further, they discover a dark, dangerous world where they meet David, an artificial android and the only survivor of the destroyed Prometheus mission.
The way David uses the Alien creature to kill some crew members and enter the colonial ship to do his experiments forms the scariest parts of the film.
The performances of the actors, plot twists, visual and sound effects are average. Also, the movie lacks a proper story and direction. The ending was quite predictable.
Verdict: The film is a one-time watch only for science-fiction lovers and fans of Alien movie series.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News