Deaf critic movie review of Alien: Covenant
May 31, 2017
A hearing perspective:
American science-fiction horror film Alien: Covenant is a sequel to the 2012 film Prometheus and the sixth part of the Alien film series.
It features Michael Fassbender (as David and Walter), Katherine Waterston (as Dany), Billy Crudup (as Christopher), Danny McBride (as Tennessee), Carmen Ejogo (as Karine), and Demián Bichir (as Sergeant) in important roles.
The film introduces a new concept of human evolution and shows how the malfunction of artificial intelligence risks the lives of two-thousand colonists and a thousand embryos on the Covenant ship.
It follows the crew of the colony ship Covenant that lands on an unknown planet thinking it to be safe for colonization.
As the crew members investigate further, they discover a dark, dangerous world where they meet David, an artificial android and the only survivor of the destroyed Prometheus mission.
The way David uses the Alien creature to kill some crew members and enter the colonial ship to do his experiments forms the scariest parts of the film.
The performances of the actors, plot twists, visual and sound effects are average. Also, the movie lacks a proper story and direction. The ending was quite predictable.
Verdict: The film is a one-time watch only for science-fiction lovers and fans of Alien movie series.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News