Deaf critic movie review of Alien: Covenant
A hearing perspective:
American science-fiction horror film Alien: Covenant is a sequel to the 2012 film Prometheus and the sixth part of the Alien film series.
It features Michael Fassbender (as David and Walter), Katherine Waterston (as Dany), Billy Crudup (as Christopher), Danny McBride (as Tennessee), Carmen Ejogo (as Karine), and Demián Bichir (as Sergeant) in important roles.
The film introduces a new concept of human evolution and shows how the malfunction of artificial intelligence risks the lives of two-thousand colonists and a thousand embryos on the Covenant ship.
It follows the crew of the colony ship Covenant that lands on an unknown planet thinking it to be safe for colonization.
As the crew members investigate further, they discover a dark, dangerous world where they meet David, an artificial android and the only survivor of the destroyed Prometheus mission.
The way David uses the Alien creature to kill some crew members and enter the colonial ship to do his experiments forms the scariest parts of the film.
The performances of the actors, plot twists, visual and sound effects are average. Also, the movie lacks a proper story and direction. The ending was quite predictable.
Verdict: The film is a one-time watch only for science-fiction lovers and fans of Alien movie series.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 13, 2018 6th India International Deaf film festival 2019
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Get set for an explosion of art & culture in accessible forms at the Serendipity Arts Festival
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018