Deaf critic movie review of Hindi Medium
A hearing perspective:
Hindi Medium is a Hindi film starring Irrfan Khan (as Raj), Saba Qamar (as Meeta) and Deepak Dobriyal (as Shyam) in important roles.
The comedy drama film is written by Zeenat Lakhani and directed by Saket Chaudhary.
Hindi Medium shows how Indian parents suffer to get kids admitted to good schools
The film introduces us to Raj and Meeta, a couple who are determined to do anything to give best education to their three-year-old daughter Pia by admitting her to a high-class English language school in Delhi.
The film draws attention to the mindset of people who think and believe that fluency in English language is the only way to be successful in life. Success over here refers to a high-profile job in a multinational company and leading a rich life.
The film tries to break the myths of the society that children passing out of private schools only have bright future compared to government school children.
First half is funny, second part is sad & emotional
Irrfan, Saba and Deepak give their best in terms of both acting and dialogue delivery.
The funny yet relevant story is really written and executed well.
I honestly liked the film’s beautiful message that language doesn’t define a person’s value and the main idea of education is to make good human beings.
‘Hindi Medium’ is undoubtedly a great entertainer and a MUST watch movie of 2017!
Watch in Sign Language
- My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
December 17, 2018
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Indian skipper Virat Kohli strikes 25th test hundred against Australia in style
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018