Deaf critic movie review of Hindi Medium
A hearing perspective:
Hindi Medium is a Hindi film starring Irrfan Khan (as Raj), Saba Qamar (as Meeta) and Deepak Dobriyal (as Shyam) in important roles.
The comedy drama film is written by Zeenat Lakhani and directed by Saket Chaudhary.
Hindi Medium shows how Indian parents suffer to get kids admitted to good schools
The film introduces us to Raj and Meeta, a couple who are determined to do anything to give best education to their three-year-old daughter Pia by admitting her to a high-class English language school in Delhi.
The film draws attention to the mindset of people who think and believe that fluency in English language is the only way to be successful in life. Success over here refers to a high-profile job in a multinational company and leading a rich life.
The film tries to break the myths of the society that children passing out of private schools only have bright future compared to government school children.
First half is funny, second part is sad & emotional
Irrfan, Saba and Deepak give their best in terms of both acting and dialogue delivery.
The funny yet relevant story is really written and executed well.
I honestly liked the film’s beautiful message that language doesn’t define a person’s value and the main idea of education is to make good human beings.
‘Hindi Medium’ is undoubtedly a great entertainer and a MUST watch movie of 2017!
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019