Meet Rahul Ramugade, a gold medal winning Paralympics swimmer
May 16, 2017
28-year-old Rahul Ramugade from Maharashtra has won several gold medals in the Paralympics and other swimming championships.
He lost the function of his legs due to a reaction to a polio vaccination when he was two years old.
Rahul has no sensation in his legs but that has not stopped him from pursuing his ambition of becoming a star swimmer. He has also completed his studies in a normal school from fifth standard onwards.
Recently, he won three gold medals at the 11th State Paralympic Aquatic Championship in April.
Rahul says that dreams have no limits and he is a shining example of this.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News