Meet Rahul Ramugade, a gold medal winning Paralympics swimmer
28-year-old Rahul Ramugade from Maharashtra has won several gold medals in the Paralympics and other swimming championships.
He lost the function of his legs due to a reaction to a polio vaccination when he was two years old.
Rahul has no sensation in his legs but that has not stopped him from pursuing his ambition of becoming a star swimmer. He has also completed his studies in a normal school from fifth standard onwards.
Recently, he won three gold medals at the 11th State Paralympic Aquatic Championship in April.
Rahul says that dreams have no limits and he is a shining example of this.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Udaan Idol Little Champs, Radio Udaan's annual music competition for disabled kids attracts huge response
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019