Meet Rahul Ramugade, a gold medal winning Paralympics swimmer
May 16, 2017
28-year-old Rahul Ramugade from Maharashtra has won several gold medals in the Paralympics and other swimming championships.
He lost the function of his legs due to a reaction to a polio vaccination when he was two years old.
Rahul has no sensation in his legs but that has not stopped him from pursuing his ambition of becoming a star swimmer. He has also completed his studies in a normal school from fifth standard onwards.
Recently, he won three gold medals at the 11th State Paralympic Aquatic Championship in April.
Rahul says that dreams have no limits and he is a shining example of this.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Get-hooked June 9, 2019 Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News