BillionAbles.com - India's first app for special needs citizens
May 17, 2017
There are around 100 million people with disabilities, and 100 million with special needs, including senior citizens and people with severe health disorders in India.
Yet, India does not have a dedicated platform which can provide information about special products, services and places with easy accessibility for them.
Now a new app called BillionAbles.com aims to address this need. The company Billion Ables Services Pvt. Ltd. was launched in 2015, with the aim to increase accessibility, inclusion and empower people with special needs.
The app will be launched with the United Nations Information Council for India and Bhutan in May 2017 to coincide with Global Accessibility Awareness Day.
The app will present a search engine platform with relevant listings for the special needs community. Sameer Garg who suffered a spinal injury two decades ago and Deepak Kumar have founded the company.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News