BillionAbles.com - India's first app for special needs citizens
There are around 100 million people with disabilities, and 100 million with special needs, including senior citizens and people with severe health disorders in India.
Yet, India does not have a dedicated platform which can provide information about special products, services and places with easy accessibility for them.
Now a new app called BillionAbles.com aims to address this need. The company Billion Ables Services Pvt. Ltd. was launched in 2015, with the aim to increase accessibility, inclusion and empower people with special needs.
The app will be launched with the United Nations Information Council for India and Bhutan in May 2017 to coincide with Global Accessibility Awareness Day.
The app will present a search engine platform with relevant listings for the special needs community. Sameer Garg who suffered a spinal injury two decades ago and Deepak Kumar have founded the company.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Wedding preparations of Mukesh Ambani's daughter begin
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 8, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News