BillionAbles.com - India's first app for special needs citizens
May 17, 2017
There are around 100 million people with disabilities, and 100 million with special needs, including senior citizens and people with severe health disorders in India.
Yet, India does not have a dedicated platform which can provide information about special products, services and places with easy accessibility for them.
Now a new app called BillionAbles.com aims to address this need. The company Billion Ables Services Pvt. Ltd. was launched in 2015, with the aim to increase accessibility, inclusion and empower people with special needs.
The app will be launched with the United Nations Information Council for India and Bhutan in May 2017 to coincide with Global Accessibility Awareness Day.
The app will present a search engine platform with relevant listings for the special needs community. Sameer Garg who suffered a spinal injury two decades ago and Deepak Kumar have founded the company.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Events April 11, 2019 The Autism Webinars | Occupational Therapy & Sensory Integration
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Events April 11, 2019 Sibling Gathering
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News