BillionAbles.com - India's first app for special needs citizens
There are around 100 million people with disabilities, and 100 million with special needs, including senior citizens and people with severe health disorders in India.
Yet, India does not have a dedicated platform which can provide information about special products, services and places with easy accessibility for them.
Now a new app called BillionAbles.com aims to address this need. The company Billion Ables Services Pvt. Ltd. was launched in 2015, with the aim to increase accessibility, inclusion and empower people with special needs.
The app will be launched with the United Nations Information Council for India and Bhutan in May 2017 to coincide with Global Accessibility Awareness Day.
The app will present a search engine platform with relevant listings for the special needs community. Sameer Garg who suffered a spinal injury two decades ago and Deepak Kumar have founded the company.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
- Events February 21, 2019 Course in Learning Disabilities from Samadhan Goyam
- Events February 21, 2019 Kalakaar 2.0
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News