Visually impaired Mumbai programmer creates chatbot for sex abuse victims
May 17, 2017
Mumbai-based programmer Sagar Sodah, 26, has created a chatbot where women can anonymously report incidents of sexual harassment. A chatbot is a computer program which enables a conversation through sound or text.
Sodah said that he wanted to use technology to create a social impact. He has created a website - http://safecity.in/ where women can report such instances. He says a bot makes the process easier as it can be accessed from the phone.
Sodah, who has a 10% vision has not let his disability come in the way of working for the past five years. Once women report the incident, it will be recorded on a crowd-sourced map, which is available on the Safe City website.
The data can also be shared with authorities who can use it to strengthen safety measures. Most women do not talk about sexual violence as it is considered to be shameful. The bot is a medium that will encourage women to break their silence.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News