Punjab NGO to train students with disabilities in hospitality
November 21, 2017
Aashirwad, an NGO in Ludhiana in Punjab, has tied up with an institute to provide professional training to students with disabilities in hospitality. The idea is to improve their confidence and help them lead an independent life.
The hospitality industry includes lodging, event planning, theme parks, transportation and other fields within the tourism industry.
The duration of the course is six months and will start in June this year.
The training has been made suitable to the learning time and learning pattern of students with serious mental disabilities.
Read this NewzHook special to find why we rated Aashirwad as among the Top 10 NGOs of 2017 in Cerebral Palsy
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News