Punjab NGO to train students with disabilities in hospitality
Aashirwad, an NGO in Ludhiana in Punjab, has tied up with an institute to provide professional training to students with disabilities in hospitality. The idea is to improve their confidence and help them lead an independent life.
The hospitality industry includes lodging, event planning, theme parks, transportation and other fields within the tourism industry.
The duration of the course is six months and will start in June this year.
The training has been made suitable to the learning time and learning pattern of students with serious mental disabilities.
Read this NewzHook special to find why we rated Aashirwad as among the Top 10 NGOs of 2017 in Cerebral Palsy
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 21, 2019 In- Visible
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Technology February 21, 2019 Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News