Punjab NGO to train students with disabilities in hospitality
Aashirwad, an NGO in Ludhiana in Punjab, has tied up with an institute to provide professional training to students with disabilities in hospitality. The idea is to improve their confidence and help them lead an independent life.
The hospitality industry includes lodging, event planning, theme parks, transportation and other fields within the tourism industry.
The duration of the course is six months and will start in June this year.
The training has been made suitable to the learning time and learning pattern of students with serious mental disabilities.
Read this NewzHook special to find why we rated Aashirwad as among the Top 10 NGOs of 2017 in Cerebral Palsy
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 How disabled people can expedite their inclusion in society - Guest column by Turab Chimthanawala
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Campaigning for accessibility from UAE to India - My Take by Shobhika Kalra, Co-founder, Wings of Angelz
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Smileys India bats for inclusion through art
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Vijay Mallya offers to pay 100% loans back to the banks
- Education December 7, 2018 Tips to help children with dyscalculia
- Get-hooked December 4, 2018 Disability Heroes - Virali Modi is open & proud about her disability
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Five people arrested in killing of police officer at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines December 4, 2018 Jet Airways cancels 14 flights as pilots didn’t show up for work
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News