Punjab NGO to train students with disabilities in hospitality
November 21, 2017
Aashirwad, an NGO in Ludhiana in Punjab, has tied up with an institute to provide professional training to students with disabilities in hospitality. The idea is to improve their confidence and help them lead an independent life.
The hospitality industry includes lodging, event planning, theme parks, transportation and other fields within the tourism industry.
The duration of the course is six months and will start in June this year.
The training has been made suitable to the learning time and learning pattern of students with serious mental disabilities.
Read this NewzHook special to find why we rated Aashirwad as among the Top 10 NGOs of 2017 in Cerebral Palsy
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Strong links between diet & signs of autism, say experts
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News