Chandigarh colleges to pay writers who help visually impaired write exams
May 19, 2017
Those who help visually impaired students by writing their exams will be paid for doing it by colleges in Chandigarh.
A notification has been issued by the Directorate of Higher Education in Chandigarh that says that for each exam, the college will give Rs 300 to the writer and up to Rs 2,000 per writer.
However, students and colleges are unaware of this. Many of the writers say that they are yet to receive any money. Colleges say they will start paying the writers when they get the notification.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Strong links between diet & signs of autism, say experts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News