Amazing places that travellers with disabilities can visit
May 21, 2017
Travelling to new places can provide wonderful experiences to people with disabilities. It will not only help them discover their skills but also learn more about themselves, meet new people and make friends.
Here are some interesting and accessible places which people with disabilities can discover.
Museums like the Tate Modern Museum in London offers wheelchairs, touch tours, audio-guides and a sign language multimedia guide for people with disabilities.
Historic places like Monticello in Charlottesville provides partial access to wheelchairs along with sign language tours and touch tours.
Also, historical monument Stonehenge in England has wheelchair accessible paths and provides audio tours and Braille guides.
Nature sites like the Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, Congaree National Park and Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park provides some amazing boardwalks. Disney World, Legoland and Holiday World are also some amazing theme parks that provide a great experience to visitors with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News