Amazing places that travellers with disabilities can visit
May 21, 2017
Travelling to new places can provide wonderful experiences to people with disabilities. It will not only help them discover their skills but also learn more about themselves, meet new people and make friends.
Here are some interesting and accessible places which people with disabilities can discover.
Museums like the Tate Modern Museum in London offers wheelchairs, touch tours, audio-guides and a sign language multimedia guide for people with disabilities.
Historic places like Monticello in Charlottesville provides partial access to wheelchairs along with sign language tours and touch tours.
Also, historical monument Stonehenge in England has wheelchair accessible paths and provides audio tours and Braille guides.
Nature sites like the Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, Congaree National Park and Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park provides some amazing boardwalks. Disney World, Legoland and Holiday World are also some amazing theme parks that provide a great experience to visitors with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News