Amazing places that travellers with disabilities can visit
Travelling to new places can provide wonderful experiences to people with disabilities. It will not only help them discover their skills but also learn more about themselves, meet new people and make friends.
Here are some interesting and accessible places which people with disabilities can discover.
Museums like the Tate Modern Museum in London offers wheelchairs, touch tours, audio-guides and a sign language multimedia guide for people with disabilities.
Historic places like Monticello in Charlottesville provides partial access to wheelchairs along with sign language tours and touch tours.
Also, historical monument Stonehenge in England has wheelchair accessible paths and provides audio tours and Braille guides.
Nature sites like the Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, Congaree National Park and Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park provides some amazing boardwalks. Disney World, Legoland and Holiday World are also some amazing theme parks that provide a great experience to visitors with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Get-hooked February 3, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News