New tech enables blind & deaf to watch TV
Researchers in Spain have developed a new technology that types Braille or subtitles of TV channels in real time and helps deaf and blind people 'watch' television.
People who have tried it say they are now able to access information that they previously could not, as it happens and without any people helping in between.
They have also praised its ability to transmit to Braille lines and the ability to adjust the reading and viewing speed.
The technology is called Pervasive SUB and it gathers all the subtitles of TV channels and sends them to a central server which forwards them to smartphones or tablets. From there, they are sent to the Braille line of the deaf-blind person with the help of the GoAll app.
The app integrates the software, matches with different Braille lines and makes it possible to control the speed of the subtitles that are captured directly from the TV broadcast.
Watch in Sign Language
- Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
February 21, 2019
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019