Workshop shows the need of accessible movies for PwD
May 28, 2017
A workshop on how to make cinema accessible for people with disabilities was organised at Siri Fort in New Delhi.
Officials from the Directorate of Film Festivals, UNESCO and the NGO Saksham were a part of the event.
The workshop took up the issue that no theatres in Delhi show movies with audio descriptions for the visually impaired audience. However, countries like the US and UK organise special shows with verbal descriptions of stage activities to provide an enjoyable experience for the visually impaired.
The workshop also showed how audio descriptions can be inserted in scenes to help the visually impaired understand and enjoy the movies in a better way.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News