Punjab government to start financial scheme for acid attack survivors
May 27, 2017
The government of Punjab plans to start a new scheme to provide security and financial help to acid attack victims. The idea is to make them self-confident and independent.
The Punjab financial assistance to acid attack victims scheme 2017 has been prepared and submitted to the central government for approval.
The scheme will provide Rs 8,000 financial assistance per month to an acid attack victim suffering from 40% or more disability after the attack.
The health department of the state has also given strict instructions to all government and private hospitals to start the treatment of acid attack victims immediately.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News