Punjab government to start financial scheme for acid attack survivors
May 27, 2017
The government of Punjab plans to start a new scheme to provide security and financial help to acid attack victims. The idea is to make them self-confident and independent.
The Punjab financial assistance to acid attack victims scheme 2017 has been prepared and submitted to the central government for approval.
The scheme will provide Rs 8,000 financial assistance per month to an acid attack victim suffering from 40% or more disability after the attack.
The health department of the state has also given strict instructions to all government and private hospitals to start the treatment of acid attack victims immediately.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News