Acid attack survivor says miracles do happen after love marriage
May 25, 2017
Lalita Ben Bansi aged 26 years got married recently in Mumbai and says that miracles do happen. Lalita is an acid attack survivor and is now happy as she has found love.
In 2012, her cousin threw acid at her over some minor argument. She had to undergo 17 surgeries and a lot of painful treatment since then.
Lalita Bansi got married to 27 year old Ravi Shankar after she met him through a wrong number phone call. They spoke to each other over phone, fell in love and decided to get married.
Shankar works as a CCTV operator at a private firm and owns a petrol pump in Ranchi. Both are looking forward to a happy life together.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News