Acid attack survivor says miracles do happen after love marriage
Lalita Ben Bansi aged 26 years got married recently in Mumbai and says that miracles do happen. Lalita is an acid attack survivor and is now happy as she has found love.
In 2012, her cousin threw acid at her over some minor argument. She had to undergo 17 surgeries and a lot of painful treatment since then.
Lalita Bansi got married to 27 year old Ravi Shankar after she met him through a wrong number phone call. They spoke to each other over phone, fell in love and decided to get married.
Shankar works as a CCTV operator at a private firm and owns a petrol pump in Ranchi. Both are looking forward to a happy life together.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News