Blind & Deaf movie review of Sachin: A Billion Dreams
June 6, 2017
A blind perspective:
From a cute little boy to the Master Blaster and from the Master Blaster to the God of Cricket, Sachin: A Billion Dreams directed by James Erskine, is an amazingly portrayed story of the great cricketing legend from India, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar!
Sachin's childhood is a delightful treat to watch. His bonding with his family and friends, mentors and team-mates, media and fans is very well described. Most of us do have a vast knowledge about him as a cricketer. But to sneak into his personal space and to get to know his feelings and sentiments is what you will enjoy during the narrative.
As Sachin keeps jumping between the past and the present, it becomes difficult for the Visually impaired audience to keep track of the story. Although textual cues are provided during the ongoing events but the visually impaired has to depend upon sighted assistance. As the commentators, cricketers, politicians and film stars express their feelings for Sachin, no audio cues are provided while they are talking, which makes it tough to identify them as a visually impaired viewer.
During the movie, one might also feel that while all the glorious events in his life are very well highlighted, Sachin's opinions regarding controversies and some of his failures are not elaborated.
But we all know that Sachin's answer to his critics and failures is his bat and not his words. Sachin's biopic justifies that to be what Sachin is today it takes enormous amount of hard work, determination and sacrifice.
For the strong dose of inspiration, Sachin: A billion dreams is a must watch, but with a sighted partner.
A sighted perspective:
Sachin: A Billion Dreams is an Indian sports drama and biographical film based on the life of Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar.
The film is directed by James Erskine and produced by Ravi Bhagchandka and Carnival Motion Pictures under 200 NotOut Productions.
The film's music is by A R Rahman and it is written by James Erskine and Sivakumar Ananth.
The film features Sachin Tendulkar, Arjun Tendulkar, Mayuresh Pem (as Nitin Tendulkar), Ajit Tendulkar, Anjali Tendulkar, Sara Tendulkar, Harsha Bhogle, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh as themselves.
It is released in Hindi, English, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu languages.
I think the film is a brilliant one made on cricket. Director James Erskine has managed to keep the film short and it touches different phases of Tendulkar's 24-year-old cricket career and personal life.
The documentary tells us about the ups and downs in the life of an athlete and the way Tendulkar's family had an important role in supporting him to manage his emotions and deal with certain situations of life.
It gives many inspirational lessons and tells us about the real hardwork done by Tendulkar to be recognized as the 'God of Cricket'.
Tendulkar himself narrating his real life events from childhood to the retirement from the game makes the film a MUST watch, especially for cricket fans.
Watch in Sign Language
- Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
April 20, 2019
- Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
April 20, 2019
- #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
April 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News