Deaf critic movie review of Pirates of the Caribbean 5
June 6, 2017
A hearing perspective:
American film, 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' or 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge' is the fifth part of the Pirates of the Caribbean film series.
The film stars Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, Javier Bardem as Armando Salazar, Brenton Thwaites as Henry Turner, Kaya Scodelario as Carina Smyth and Geoffrey Rush as Captain Hector Barbossa in important roles.
The film starts with Henry informing his father that the mythical Trident of Poseidon can break his curse and free him from his ship. Henry's father doesn't believe the Trident exists and orders Henry to never come back.
After some years, Henry comes across dead Captain Salazar who asks Henry to deliver a message to Jack Sparrow that death is coming his way.
Henry meets Jack and Carina in a place called Saint Martin. After many adventures, three of them decide to come together and set on a mission to find the Trident. However, they get interrupted by the ghost crew led by Captain Salazar.
The way Captain Barbossa protects Jack, Henry and Carina from Salazar and helps them to achieve their goal of breaking all curses upon the sea forms the remaining part of the story.
The film's plus points are its excellent visual effects and Johnny's superb acting and comic timing. Overall, the film was average with nothing new to offer. The film is a one-time watch only for fans who have watched all the earlier movies in the series.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News