Deaf critic movie review of Pirates of the Caribbean 5
June 6, 2017
A hearing perspective:
American film, 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' or 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge' is the fifth part of the Pirates of the Caribbean film series.
The film stars Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, Javier Bardem as Armando Salazar, Brenton Thwaites as Henry Turner, Kaya Scodelario as Carina Smyth and Geoffrey Rush as Captain Hector Barbossa in important roles.
The film starts with Henry informing his father that the mythical Trident of Poseidon can break his curse and free him from his ship. Henry's father doesn't believe the Trident exists and orders Henry to never come back.
After some years, Henry comes across dead Captain Salazar who asks Henry to deliver a message to Jack Sparrow that death is coming his way.
Henry meets Jack and Carina in a place called Saint Martin. After many adventures, three of them decide to come together and set on a mission to find the Trident. However, they get interrupted by the ghost crew led by Captain Salazar.
The way Captain Barbossa protects Jack, Henry and Carina from Salazar and helps them to achieve their goal of breaking all curses upon the sea forms the remaining part of the story.
The film's plus points are its excellent visual effects and Johnny's superb acting and comic timing. Overall, the film was average with nothing new to offer. The film is a one-time watch only for fans who have watched all the earlier movies in the series.
Watch in Sign Language
- Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
April 20, 2019
- Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
April 20, 2019
- #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
April 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News