This hearing aid becomes a vibrating bracelet at night
October 10, 2017
Most hearing-impaired people remove their hearing aids at night, but 70% of common household dangers also occur at night. This means that chances of them hearing a siren or an alarm are low.
The Thai Health Promotion Foundation, together with the Deaf Association of Bangkok, has created a smarter hearing aid for Thailand's 300,000-plus hearing-impaired population.
Called 'Hearing Rescue,' it is a modified version of existing hearing aids that transforms into a bracelet at bedtime. 'Hearing Rescue' detects dangerous sounds, and then vibrates to wake and warn the wearer.
The bracelet can recognize potentially worrying sound levels, from a minimum of 60 decibels, as well as sound patterns, like those of sirens, barking dogs or fire alarms.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Black Hole image creator is a media star
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News