This hearing aid becomes a vibrating bracelet at night
Most hearing-impaired people remove their hearing aids at night, but 70% of common household dangers also occur at night. This means that chances of them hearing a siren or an alarm are low.
The Thai Health Promotion Foundation, together with the Deaf Association of Bangkok, has created a smarter hearing aid for Thailand’s 300,000-plus hearing-impaired population.
Called 'Hearing Rescue,' it is a modified version of existing hearing aids that transforms into a bracelet at bedtime. 'Hearing Rescue' detects dangerous sounds, and then vibrates to wake and warn the wearer.
The bracelet can recognize potentially worrying sound levels, from a minimum of 60 decibels, as well as sound patterns, like those of sirens, barking dogs or fire alarms.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News