Deaf mom in UK teaches sign language to babies
28-year-old Victoria Wright from Mountsorrel, United Kingdom, is teaching a special class where babies are taught to use sign language before they can even speak.
Wright set up Babbles in 2016, after years of speech therapy helped her recover from being born deaf as a child. Babbles is a not for profit company that delivers a variety of sensory based workshops to learners less than five years of age.
The baby sign language course is called Baby Lingo, and it teaches parents the knowledge and skills to be able to teach their children British Sign Language so they can communicate from an early age.
The course is for eight weeks and in this parents learn how to sign basic BSL so that they can then teach their little ones how to use it.
Parents are taught basic words that children most commonly use, like milk, more, please and thank you. From this, they go on to learn more phrases. Babies start the course when they are as young as four months old.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Chaarana Centre for Special Needs is a haven for disabled children in Bengaluru
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
- Headlines October 20, 2018 Sabrimalai temple priests continue to block women's entry into temple
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Events October 22, 2018 Tandav 5.0 Volunteer Meetup #2
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News