App that enhances movie watching experience for the blind
October 25, 2017
A new app launched in Australia for the vision-impaired aims to change film-going experience. The app is called MovieReading and it's free.
It detects the point the film is at, via the phone's microphone, and streams a detailed descriptive audio track. The track tells the user what is appearing on the big screen.
Users say the app is very good as it tells them what is going in a particular scene. Experts say that many vision-impaired people would benefit from the new app.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News