App that enhances movie watching experience for the blind
A new app launched in Australia for the vision-impaired aims to change film-going experience. The app is called MovieReading and it’s free.
It detects the point the film is at, via the phone's microphone, and streams a detailed descriptive audio track. The track tells the user what is appearing on the big screen.
Users say the app is very good as it tells them what is going in a particular scene. Experts say that many vision-impaired people would benefit from the new app.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility October 15, 2018 Lucknow zoo becomes blind-friendly, an India first
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Events October 11, 2018 Smartphone Apps Workshop for Visually Impaired People
- Accessibility October 14, 2018 This disabled girl from Kerala is fighting roadblocks to get a driver’s license
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News