App that enhances movie watching experience for the blind
A new app launched in Australia for the vision-impaired aims to change film-going experience. The app is called MovieReading and it’s free.
It detects the point the film is at, via the phone's microphone, and streams a detailed descriptive audio track. The track tells the user what is appearing on the big screen.
Users say the app is very good as it tells them what is going in a particular scene. Experts say that many vision-impaired people would benefit from the new app.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News