App that enhances movie watching experience for the blind
October 25, 2017
A new app launched in Australia for the vision-impaired aims to change film-going experience. The app is called MovieReading and it's free.
It detects the point the film is at, via the phone's microphone, and streams a detailed descriptive audio track. The track tells the user what is appearing on the big screen.
Users say the app is very good as it tells them what is going in a particular scene. Experts say that many vision-impaired people would benefit from the new app.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News