App that helps people with speech impairments communicate
June 6, 2017
An Israel-based start up has developed an app that helps translate words that are not clear into speech that can be easily understood.
Its called Voiceitt and its easy to use. Users can download the app and it asks them compose then read short, useful sentences out loud, like 'I'm thirsty,' or 'Turn off the lights.'
The software records and begins to learn the speaker's particular pronunciation. A caregiver can type phrases into the app if the user is not able to do so independently.
The Voiceitt app can turn user's statements into normalized speech, which it gives out in the form of audio or text messages, instantly. It can be used to help people with speech impediments communicate face to face with other people.
The developer says he came up with the idea after his grandmother suffered from speech impairments following a stroke. An early version of Voiceitt will be available next year, but the app is in beta tests now.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 13, 2019 Share funding details, court tells political parties
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 How to help a person with autism feel calm
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 12, 2019 IPL 2019- CSK beats RR
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News