App that helps people with speech impairments communicate
An Israel-based start up has developed an app that helps translate words that are not clear into speech that can be easily understood.
Its called Voiceitt and its easy to use. Users can download the app and it asks them compose then read short, useful sentences out loud, like 'I’m thirsty,' or 'Turn off the lights.'
The software records and begins to learn the speaker’s particular pronunciation. A caregiver can type phrases into the app if the user is not able to do so independently.
The Voiceitt app can turn user’s statements into normalized speech, which it gives out in the form of audio or text messages, instantly. It can be used to help people with speech impediments communicate face to face with other people.
The developer says he came up with the idea after his grandmother suffered from speech impairments following a stroke. An early version of Voiceitt will be available next year, but the app is in beta tests now.
Watch in Sign Language
- Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
December 17, 2018
- Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
December 10, 2018
- Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
December 5, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 18, 2018 Congress leader jailed for life in anti-Sikh riots case
- Get-hooked December 19, 2018 Gluten free diet for children with autism. Some information
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some useful Information about Angelman Syndrome
- Headlines December 18, 2018 New Madhya Pradesh CM waives off farmers' loan after taking charge
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Parasports December 16, 2018 Exciting cricket at 1st triangular blind cricket series for girls
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News