She battled disability, unsupportive family to crack civil services exam
June 4, 2017
Ummul Kher has been living with fragile bone disorder since she was a kid. To make things worse, when she was 14 years old, her parents cut off all ties with her, as she wanted to study further.
She did not let that discourage her and went on to pursue her masters in Delhi.
This week, Ummul cracked the civil services exam in her first attempt. 28-year-old Ummul got an all India rank of 420 and hopes to get into the IAS under the disability quota.
Ummul says that she has no anger towards her family as they were brought up in an environment that shaped their thinking. She has improved her relationship with them and plans to visit them in Rajasthan.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News