She battled disability, unsupportive family to crack civil services exam
Ummul Kher has been living with fragile bone disorder since she was a kid. To make things worse, when she was 14 years old, her parents cut off all ties with her, as she wanted to study further.
She did not let that discourage her and went on to pursue her masters in Delhi.
This week, Ummul cracked the civil services exam in her first attempt. 28-year-old Ummul got an all India rank of 420 and hopes to get into the IAS under the disability quota.
Ummul says that she has no anger towards her family as they were brought up in an environment that shaped their thinking. She has improved her relationship with them and plans to visit them in Rajasthan.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Two jets crash ahead of Bengaluru Aero India event, one pilot dies
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019