Deaf critic movie review of Hanuman Da' Damdaar
June 13, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Hanuman Da' Damdaar is a Hindi animated adventure film directed by Ruchi Narain.
The film features the voices of Salman Khan as Hanuman, Raveena Tandon as Anjani (mother of Hanuman), Saurabh Shukla as Kesari (father of Hanuman), Hussain Dalal as Garuda, Kunal Khemu as Indra, Chunky Pandey as a tourist guide, Javed Akhtar as Valmiki, Vinay Pathak as Popat Sharma and Makrand Deshpande as Vishrav.
The film starts with the sage Narad telling Valmiki that there is a better version of Ramayana written by Hanuman.
Valmiki goes on to read Hanuman's Ramayana written beautifully on the stones of the mountains and praises Hanuman.
But when Valmiki expresses his concerns of who will read his Ramayana, Hanuman moves and destroys the entire mountain having his Ramayana in the nearest ocean.
Hanuman's power of sacrifice and surrender makes Valmiki declare him as the highest devotee of Lord Rama.
The film then shows Hanuman describing his childhood story of how he lived happily with his mother Anjani and father Senapati Kesari.
However, a negative incident makes baby Hanuman become a scared little boy and forget how brave he was before.
The film shows how Garuda enters Hanuman's life and helps him to transform from a Bhola-Bhala Bajrangi to Hanuman Da' Damdaar.
The film gives a simple yet meaningful message that there exists a lion inside even the weakest person.
The film is a one-time watch for good quality voice-overs of the characters, average visual effects, funny and entertaining dialogues.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Events July 11, 2019 Special buddies program (Basic group)
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Twitter hashtag sets off important conversation about worst disability "compliments"
- Events July 11, 2019 Wilson’s Disease Support Group Meeting
- Parasports July 9, 2019 Ahead of crucial World Cup match, India's disabled cricketers have tips for Team India
- Get-hooked July 10, 2019 Spirited & strong minded, Preetha Thonnakkal lives life to the fullest
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Tamil Nadu government fails to introduce special courts, groups demands speedy action
- Events July 11, 2019 Ensuring Safety of Children with Disability
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Employment July 12, 2019 These disabled women are making prosthetic aids that are enabling mobility for others
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News