Deaf critic movie review of Hanuman Da' Damdaar
A hearing perspective:
Hanuman Da’ Damdaar is a Hindi animated adventure film directed by Ruchi Narain.
The film features the voices of Salman Khan as Hanuman, Raveena Tandon as Anjani (mother of Hanuman), Saurabh Shukla as Kesari (father of Hanuman), Hussain Dalal as Garuda, Kunal Khemu as Indra, Chunky Pandey as a tourist guide, Javed Akhtar as Valmiki, Vinay Pathak as Popat Sharma and Makrand Deshpande as Vishrav.
The film starts with the sage Narad telling Valmiki that there is a better version of Ramayana written by Hanuman.
Valmiki goes on to read Hanuman’s Ramayana written beautifully on the stones of the mountains and praises Hanuman.
But when Valmiki expresses his concerns of who will read his Ramayana, Hanuman moves and destroys the entire mountain having his Ramayana in the nearest ocean.
Hanuman’s power of sacrifice and surrender makes Valmiki declare him as the highest devotee of Lord Rama.
The film then shows Hanuman describing his childhood story of how he lived happily with his mother Anjani and father Senapati Kesari.
However, a negative incident makes baby Hanuman become a scared little boy and forget how brave he was before.
The film shows how Garuda enters Hanuman’s life and helps him to transform from a Bhola-Bhala Bajrangi to Hanuman Da’ Damdaar.
The film gives a simple yet meaningful message that there exists a lion inside even the weakest person.
The film is a one-time watch for good quality voice-overs of the characters, average visual effects, funny and entertaining dialogues.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some common misconceptions about Braille
January 24, 2019
- Some things to avoid when you parent a child with autism
January 23, 2019
- The Headway Foundation's annual Rendezvous promises some exciting announcements
January 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events January 24, 2019 Anand Mitra Mandal for Deaf 42nd Anniversary
- Headlines January 23, 2019 PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp forwards now limited
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Events January 20, 2019 Trinayani's 18th Inclusive Monthly Meetup
- Get-hooked January 20, 2019 Understanding Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Bengaluru NGOs show a large heart with donations for disabled, homeless people
- Employment January 22, 2019 At India Business Disability Network launch, industry leaders champion workplace inclusion
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News