Deaf critic movie review of Hanuman Da' Damdaar
June 13, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Hanuman Da' Damdaar is a Hindi animated adventure film directed by Ruchi Narain.
The film features the voices of Salman Khan as Hanuman, Raveena Tandon as Anjani (mother of Hanuman), Saurabh Shukla as Kesari (father of Hanuman), Hussain Dalal as Garuda, Kunal Khemu as Indra, Chunky Pandey as a tourist guide, Javed Akhtar as Valmiki, Vinay Pathak as Popat Sharma and Makrand Deshpande as Vishrav.
The film starts with the sage Narad telling Valmiki that there is a better version of Ramayana written by Hanuman.
Valmiki goes on to read Hanuman's Ramayana written beautifully on the stones of the mountains and praises Hanuman.
But when Valmiki expresses his concerns of who will read his Ramayana, Hanuman moves and destroys the entire mountain having his Ramayana in the nearest ocean.
Hanuman's power of sacrifice and surrender makes Valmiki declare him as the highest devotee of Lord Rama.
The film then shows Hanuman describing his childhood story of how he lived happily with his mother Anjani and father Senapati Kesari.
However, a negative incident makes baby Hanuman become a scared little boy and forget how brave he was before.
The film shows how Garuda enters Hanuman's life and helps him to transform from a Bhola-Bhala Bajrangi to Hanuman Da' Damdaar.
The film gives a simple yet meaningful message that there exists a lion inside even the weakest person.
The film is a one-time watch for good quality voice-overs of the characters, average visual effects, funny and entertaining dialogues.
Watch in Sign Language
- "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
March 20, 2019
- Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
March 20, 2019
- Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
March 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 14, 2019 Future Planning for persons with special needs
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Technology March 14, 2019 With Inali Arm, developer Prashant Gade aims to change the outlook of people with upper limb disabilities
- Get-hooked March 14, 2019 Madras High Court directs implementation of 3% job quota for disabled people, activists unhappy
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Get-hooked March 19, 2019 Child prodigy Joshua Beckford proves disability need not be a roadblock to your dreams
- Accessibility March 17, 2019 Awareness about accessible election facilities still an issue in Arunachal Pradesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News