Deaf critic movie review of Hanuman Da' Damdaar
A hearing perspective:
Hanuman Da’ Damdaar is a Hindi animated adventure film directed by Ruchi Narain.
The film features the voices of Salman Khan as Hanuman, Raveena Tandon as Anjani (mother of Hanuman), Saurabh Shukla as Kesari (father of Hanuman), Hussain Dalal as Garuda, Kunal Khemu as Indra, Chunky Pandey as a tourist guide, Javed Akhtar as Valmiki, Vinay Pathak as Popat Sharma and Makrand Deshpande as Vishrav.
The film starts with the sage Narad telling Valmiki that there is a better version of Ramayana written by Hanuman.
Valmiki goes on to read Hanuman’s Ramayana written beautifully on the stones of the mountains and praises Hanuman.
But when Valmiki expresses his concerns of who will read his Ramayana, Hanuman moves and destroys the entire mountain having his Ramayana in the nearest ocean.
Hanuman’s power of sacrifice and surrender makes Valmiki declare him as the highest devotee of Lord Rama.
The film then shows Hanuman describing his childhood story of how he lived happily with his mother Anjani and father Senapati Kesari.
However, a negative incident makes baby Hanuman become a scared little boy and forget how brave he was before.
The film shows how Garuda enters Hanuman’s life and helps him to transform from a Bhola-Bhala Bajrangi to Hanuman Da’ Damdaar.
The film gives a simple yet meaningful message that there exists a lion inside even the weakest person.
The film is a one-time watch for good quality voice-overs of the characters, average visual effects, funny and entertaining dialogues.
Watch in Sign Language
- Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
October 23, 2018
- Check out these fun indoor games for children with autism
October 23, 2018
- What matters is how we run the race - Guest Column by Vineet Saraiwala, visually impaired marathoner
October 22, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 23, 2018 Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Jio Diwali Dhamaka Offer brings yearlong free calling for just 1699
- Parasports October 22, 2018 Mandvi Garg battled depression, vision loss to come back as a champion trekker
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Bollywood celebrity manager accused in #MeToo movement attempts suicide
- Accessibility October 16, 2018 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 What matters is how we run the race - Guest Column by Vineet Saraiwala, visually impaired marathoner
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 Children with autism find a ray of hope at Sunshine in Bengaluru
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 High time to bid goodbye to idioms that mock the disabled community
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 23, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News