Deaf critic movie review of Wonder Woman
A hearing perspective:
American superhero film, Wonder Woman is a fantasy action adventure story based on the DC Comics character of the same name.
Lead character played by a female in this fantasy cum action cum adventureThe film stars Gal Gadot as Princess Diana / Wonder Woman, Chris Pine as captain Steve Trevor, Robin Wright as General Antiope, Danny Huston as German Army General Erich Ludendorff, David Thewlis as Sir Patrick Morgan / Ares, Connie Nielsen as Amazon Queen Hippolyta and Elena Anaya as Doctor Poison / Isabel Maru in important roles.
The film introduces Diana as the daughter of the Amazon Queen Hippolyta. Diana’s aunt General Antiope trains her to become a supreme warrior on the hidden island of Themyscira, which is home to the warrior women of Amazon race created to protect humankind against the corruption of the god of war Ares.
The film then shows how Captain Steve Trevor gets rescued by the young woman Diana after his plane crashes off the coast of Themyscira. The German forces following Steve discover the island and in a turn of events, Antiope dies.
When Diana gets to know from Steve that World War I is going on in the outside world, she sets on a mission to find and destroy Ares.
The way Diana discovers her life’s truth and hidden powers while fighting against Ares in a war to end all wars forms the main part of the story.
The film is a great watch for its woman centric superhero concept, interesting action scenes, well-written dialogues and its message that love always wins over war.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Uttar Pradesh politician's wife arrested on suspicion of killing son
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Education October 24, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability- Dyscalculia
- Education October 20, 2018 Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
- Accessibility October 24, 2018 VAADA app promises to make voting accessible in Telangana for people with disabilities
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer to get married on 15 November
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 21, 2018
Get-hooked October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News