Employment-friendly Indian cities for the disabled
Livemint has come up with a ranking of employment-friendly Indian cities for the disabled. The top five friendly cities are Hyderabad, Aurangabad, Patna, Agra and Meerut. At the bottom of the list are Mallapuram, Thrissur, Kozhikode, Kochi and Kollam. Only three of the 10 most populated cities are among the top 10.
This ranking found that disabled people are more likely to find employment or be self-employed in smaller cities. In terms of gender gap, most cities in southern India have the lowest gaps in the workforce of disabled people.
Analysis of census data shows that those who have problems with movement, speech, sight and hearing disabilities are more likely to be employed than ones with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 15, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 4% job reservation for disabled people announced in Goa
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
- Headlines December 11, 2018 RBI Governor Urjit Patel resigns
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Events December 11, 2018 Forging the Assistive Technology value chain
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018