Employment-friendly Indian cities for the disabled
Livemint has come up with a ranking of employment-friendly Indian cities for the disabled. The top five friendly cities are Hyderabad, Aurangabad, Patna, Agra and Meerut. At the bottom of the list are Mallapuram, Thrissur, Kozhikode, Kochi and Kollam. Only three of the 10 most populated cities are among the top 10.
This ranking found that disabled people are more likely to find employment or be self-employed in smaller cities. In terms of gender gap, most cities in southern India have the lowest gaps in the workforce of disabled people.
Analysis of census data shows that those who have problems with movement, speech, sight and hearing disabilities are more likely to be employed than ones with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 21, 2019 Updated version of Avaz app has plenty to offer, enables access to wider audience
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019