Employment-friendly Indian cities for the disabled
November 12, 2017
Livemint has come up with a ranking of employment-friendly Indian cities for the disabled. The top five friendly cities are Hyderabad, Aurangabad, Patna, Agra and Meerut. At the bottom of the list are Mallapuram, Thrissur, Kozhikode, Kochi and Kollam. Only three of the 10 most populated cities are among the top 10.
This ranking found that disabled people are more likely to find employment or be self-employed in smaller cities. In terms of gender gap, most cities in southern India have the lowest gaps in the workforce of disabled people.
Analysis of census data shows that those who have problems with movement, speech, sight and hearing disabilities are more likely to be employed than ones with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 23, 2019 ‘Kabir Singh’ becomes fourth-highest opener of 2019
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News