Employment-friendly Indian cities for the disabled
November 12, 2017
Livemint has come up with a ranking of employment-friendly Indian cities for the disabled. The top five friendly cities are Hyderabad, Aurangabad, Patna, Agra and Meerut. At the bottom of the list are Mallapuram, Thrissur, Kozhikode, Kochi and Kollam. Only three of the 10 most populated cities are among the top 10.
This ranking found that disabled people are more likely to find employment or be self-employed in smaller cities. In terms of gender gap, most cities in southern India have the lowest gaps in the workforce of disabled people.
Analysis of census data shows that those who have problems with movement, speech, sight and hearing disabilities are more likely to be employed than ones with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Get-hooked April 11, 2019 Visually impaired girls from Ahmedabad chosen to perform the garba at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News