Employment-friendly Indian cities for the disabled
Livemint has come up with a ranking of employment-friendly Indian cities for the disabled. The top five friendly cities are Hyderabad, Aurangabad, Patna, Agra and Meerut. At the bottom of the list are Mallapuram, Thrissur, Kozhikode, Kochi and Kollam. Only three of the 10 most populated cities are among the top 10.
This ranking found that disabled people are more likely to find employment or be self-employed in smaller cities. In terms of gender gap, most cities in southern India have the lowest gaps in the workforce of disabled people.
Analysis of census data shows that those who have problems with movement, speech, sight and hearing disabilities are more likely to be employed than ones with mental disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Ashok Munne's trips build friendships, promote inclusion & shatter notions about disability
October 24, 2018
- Some tips to help boost self-esteem of a child with autism
October 24, 2018
- Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
October 23, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Get-hooked October 23, 2018 Hum-Drum, a participatory musical program for children with disabilities - My Take by Rzhude David
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 Children with autism find a ray of hope at Sunshine in Bengaluru
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News