Hearing impaired to get accessible videos on Facebook Live
June 24, 2017
Social network Facebook has announced that it is adding video closed caption feature to its Live shows.
The idea is part of the company's attempt to make Facebook more accessible for people in the US who are deaf or hearing impaired.
One in five videos posted on Facebook are Live broadcasts. It means many number of videos will now be accessible for the hearing impaired for the first time.
The company has been trying to make its website accessible to all users. Last year, it had introduced a tool for the visually impaired that allow screen reader software that converts text into speech, to describe photos.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News