Hearing impaired to get accessible videos on Facebook Live
Social network Facebook has announced that it is adding video closed caption feature to its Live shows.
The idea is part of the company’s attempt to make Facebook more accessible for people in the US who are deaf or hearing impaired.
One in five videos posted on Facebook are Live broadcasts. It means many number of videos will now be accessible for the hearing impaired for the first time.
The company has been trying to make its website accessible to all users. Last year, it had introduced a tool for the visually impaired that allow screen reader software that converts text into speech, to describe photos.
Watch in Sign Language
- #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
February 21, 2019
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News