System that translates sign language into voice
Deaf people who use signing as their primary means of communication often face challenges while talking to people who are not familiar with sign language. A startup based in Dallas, United States, has developed KinTrans, a smart technology that can translate sign language into voice and text, and voice taken to text or sign language automatically.
This allows signers and non-signers to communicate together in their own languages, effectively and immediately. It also opens up the potential for conversations between signers and speakers in the marketplace, workplace, schools and hospitals.
KinTrans’ tech relies on a 3D camera which tracks the movement of a signer’s hands and body when they sign out words. When requested, it can then translate the signed words into written English and Arabic. More languages will also be introduced soon.
Voice can also be translated into signed words communicated by an animated avatar on the screen. The system can recognize thousands of signed words with an accuracy of around 98%.
Watch in Sign Language
- Microsoft introduces real-time captions, translations to Skype, PowerPoint
December 17, 2018
- Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
December 10, 2018
- Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
December 5, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service, makes Accessible Goa a reality
- Headlines December 13, 2018 India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Senior BJP leader questions choice of new RBI governor, party embarrassed
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Events December 17, 2018 Hindi play to raise funds for Disabled Children
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018