System that translates sign language into voice
Deaf people who use signing as their primary means of communication often face challenges while talking to people who are not familiar with sign language. A startup based in Dallas, United States, has developed KinTrans, a smart technology that can translate sign language into voice and text, and voice taken to text or sign language automatically.
This allows signers and non-signers to communicate together in their own languages, effectively and immediately. It also opens up the potential for conversations between signers and speakers in the marketplace, workplace, schools and hospitals.
KinTrans’ tech relies on a 3D camera which tracks the movement of a signer’s hands and body when they sign out words. When requested, it can then translate the signed words into written English and Arabic. More languages will also be introduced soon.
Voice can also be translated into signed words communicated by an animated avatar on the screen. The system can recognize thousands of signed words with an accuracy of around 98%.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 18, 2018 #MeToo impact: Union Minister M J Akbar resigns over complaints of sexual harassment
- Get-hooked October 18, 2018 Staying fit with a disability is easy, here are some tips
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 An open letter to Goa Governor, Mridula Sinha - My Take by Monika Kshatriya
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Inclusion should begin early to build greater understanding & awareness, say experts
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
- Education October 16, 2018 Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News