Odisha schoolkids create sensory wall storybook for blind friends
Students at the SAI International School in Bhubaneshwar in Orissa wanted to give their blind friends access to stories that were not just in Braille storybooks or magazines.
Their friends were studying at the Orissa Association for the Blind, which has more than 700 visually impaired students, staff, and teachers.
They have brought the magical art of storytelling alive by using sound and touch. They collaborated with students at the Winterbourne International Academy from the United Kingdom to build a Sensory Wall Storybook on the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
They chose one story to make their 3D sensory wall storybook. Sensory walls help to stimulate the senses of visually impaired children and adults, through creation of play spaces and activity centres.
Watch in Sign Language
- One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
February 18, 2019
- Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
February 18, 2019
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Peranbu, a movie review - Guest column by A L Karpahaganesh
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News