Deaf critic movie review of The Mummy
A hearing perspective:
The Mummy is an American fantasy, action, adventure film directed by Alex Kurtzman. It features Tom Cruise as Nick, Annabelle Wallis as Jenny, Sofia Boutella as Princess Ahmanet and Jake Johnson as Chris in important roles.
The film starts with the 5000-year-old story of Princess Ahmanet who is determined to become the queen of a place in ancient Egypt. However, she loses the power when her father’s second wife gives birth to a son.
Ahmanet surrenders her soul to the god Set and murders her family. She then tries to sacrifice her lover to attain supreme powers but her father’s priests sentence her to be buried alive for eternity inside a stone.
The film then shows the present-day Iraq where Nick, his friend Chris and former lover Jenny discover the tomb of Ahmanet. They investigate the tomb and decide to take it to England.
In a turn of events, Chris dies and becomes a ghost to inform Nick that he is cursed by Ahmanet, who seeks to use him as a replacement vessel for Set.
The way Nick and Jenny battle it out with Ahmanet to save humanity forms the remaining part of the story.
The film is a waste of time due to poor plot, bad editing, more of horror effects and no great visual effects. Go for the film only if you are a Tom Cruise fan or have seen films in the Mummy series.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019