Blind students to lead the way in unique car rally
On 18 June, the Insight car rally will be held at the Hotel Fortune Pandiyan in Madurai. A person who cannot see will navigate the cars at the event.
This is the fourth consecutive year that the rally is being held as a fund raising event by the Madurai Ladies Circle 08, which is the women’s wing of the Madurai Round Table 14. The first three rallies saw 30 to 40 cars joining and this year the organizers say they are hoping to see 50.
The driver with normal vision will be dependent on their visually impaired navigators who will help them in finding the way to the finishing point with the help of small clues and directions given on the Braille road map. Anybody above 18 years and with a valid driving license can participate in the car rally.
Funds raised from the Insight car rally support the 'Educate to enlighten' project under which educational infrastructure and aid is provided to needy underprivileged children. So far 25,000 children have benefitted under this scheme.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News