Disabled children to be Kerala initiative's brand ambassadors
June 19, 2017
In a positive move, the government of Kerala has appointed a group of children with intellectual disabilities as brand ambassadors of an empowerment programme called Anuyatra.
Around 23 children with disabilities like autism, cerebral palsy, depression, hyperactivity were given free special training in magic for three months in an academy. The idea is to create confidence and self-esteem among them. It will also create awareness about the facilities provided by the state's programme for people with disabilities.
All these disabled children are students of different special needs schools and resource centres in the state.
Anuyatra campaign is a joint initiative of Kerala Social Security Mission, the State Initiative on Disabilities (SID) and the Magic Academy with the support of departments of health, education, local self-government and National Health Mission.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Sustainable, eco-friendly vocational training for disabled adults, the Aarambh way
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News