Sydney light festival reaches out to the blind & vision impaired
June 14, 2017
Vivid Sydney is encouraging blind and vision impaired people to use their other senses to experience the light festival.
Vivid transforms landmarks across the city using light, colour and sounds and attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.
Making the experience accessible for people with limited or no vision is a challenge and the audio description and detail is important to make it an enjoyable experience. Blind visitors no longer have to depend on binoculars or family members to understand what is going on.
The light show runs until 17 June.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 9, 2019 "I choose to focus on what I can do, not on what I can’t" - My Take by Rushabh Desai
- Headlines July 9, 2019 India vs New Zealand semifinal match today
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Middle order batsman failed, causing India's collapse, says coach
- Headlines July 16, 2019 Reports of rift within Indian cricket team to be probed
- Events July 11, 2019 Movement therapy sessions
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Headlines July 9, 2019 Dhoni refers to retirement rumours
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News