Short & long-term courses at the Helen Keller Institute in Mumbai
The Helen Keller Institute for Deaf and Deafblind has a number of courses for equipping people with disabilities with job skills.
The duration of these courses range from one month to two years. Candidates will also be helped with placements at the end of the training period.
Submission of a disability certificate is necessary and there will be a travelling allowance and other benefits given depending on the course.
The classes are at the Navi Mumbai and Byculla centres. The short term courses taught range from housekeeping, beautician training, computer education, electrical wireman training, plumbing and sanitation, tailoring, screen and offset printing, graphic designing and jewelry-making.
The long duration course is on 3D animation and is a one-year program.
To know more, go to the Facebook page. You can also email at email@example.com or call at 98335-17761.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Udaan Idol Little Champs, Radio Udaan's annual music competition for disabled kids attracts huge response
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019