Short & long-term courses at the Helen Keller Institute in Mumbai
June 20, 2017
The Helen Keller Institute for Deaf and Deafblind has a number of courses for equipping people with disabilities with job skills.
The duration of these courses range from one month to two years. Candidates will also be helped with placements at the end of the training period.
Submission of a disability certificate is necessary and there will be a travelling allowance and other benefits given depending on the course.
The classes are at the Navi Mumbai and Byculla centres. The short term courses taught range from housekeeping, beautician training, computer education, electrical wireman training, plumbing and sanitation, tailoring, screen and offset printing, graphic designing and jewelry-making.
The long duration course is on 3D animation and is a one-year program.
To know more, go to the Facebook page. You can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 98335-17761.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News