Short & long-term courses at the Helen Keller Institute in Mumbai
June 20, 2017
The Helen Keller Institute for Deaf and Deafblind has a number of courses for equipping people with disabilities with job skills.
The duration of these courses range from one month to two years. Candidates will also be helped with placements at the end of the training period.
Submission of a disability certificate is necessary and there will be a travelling allowance and other benefits given depending on the course.
The classes are at the Navi Mumbai and Byculla centres. The short term courses taught range from housekeeping, beautician training, computer education, electrical wireman training, plumbing and sanitation, tailoring, screen and offset printing, graphic designing and jewelry-making.
The long duration course is on 3D animation and is a one-year program.
To know more, go to the Facebook page. You can also email at email@example.com or call at 98335-17761.
Watch in Sign Language
- Updated MBBS curriculum with disability competencies to come into effect from 1 August, confirms MCI
July 20, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College shows the path to inclusion with new faculty member Payal Bhattad
July 18, 2019
- Kerala High Court upholds guidelines for therapy centres in the state
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Freedom Carnival 2019 celebrates inclusion with children with disabilities
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Dhoni unlikely for next tour, to be part of transitioning phase
- Employment July 19, 2019 Hatti Kaapi's coffee cups bring cheer for many reasons
- Get-hooked July 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 #RareDiseases - Indian Rett Syndrome Foundation is raising awareness about this genetic brain disorder
- Get-hooked July 20, 2019 Society for Empowerment of Deafblind aims to make the community aware of its rights
- Headlines July 19, 2019 One conviction in high profile murder of UK teen in Goa
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News