Deaf movie review of Tubelight
June 29, 2017
A hearing perspective:
Tubelight is a Hindi family drama film written and directed by Kabir Khan. It is based on the 2015 American film Little Boy.
Tubelight film features Salman Khan as a developmentally disabled man (Laxman), who uses his faith to bring back his brother Sohail Khan (Bharat) from the 1962 Sino-Indian War.
The film also stars late actor Om Puri (as Banne Chacha), Chinese actress Zhu Zhu (as Liling) and Matin Rey Tangu (as Liling's son Guo) in important roles. It also has a special role of Shah Rukh Khan as a travelling magician who motivates Laxman to believe in himself to achieve what he wants in life.
The film celebrates the emotional bond between the two brothers Laxman and Bharat and also deals with the social issues of bullying faced by the disabled and racial discrimination.
The best parts of the film are Laxman and cute little boy Guo's innocent pranks. I also liked the way Banne Chacha accepts Laxman the way he is and provides him the much-needed guidance and care at every difficult stage of his life.
One can come across many interesting and inspiring messages in the film like 'fear is the greatest enemy', 'if a person has confidence in his heart, he can even move a mountain', and 'faith is like a tubelight.. it takes time to light up ... but once it lights up, then it brightens everything around us.'
Tubelight is a good one-time watch film with family and friends for its 'live and let live' story concept, simple and natural acting performances by all the characters, peaceful background music and a feel-good happy ending.
Watch in Sign Language
- Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
April 20, 2019
- Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
April 20, 2019
- #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
April 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News