Odisha government to provide travel allowance to disabled employees
The government of Odisha has decided to pay Rs 350 as travel allowance (TA) per month to disabled employees working in private sector.
The proposal for the travel allowance was approved by Odisha Finance Minister Sashi Bhushan Behera.
The move comes ahead of the 7th Pay Commission suggestions which is likely to declare a hike of 14.5% percent to the state government employees by the end of June.
Now disabled people working in private colleges, schools, companies where they receive salaries and daily allowance (DA) on government pay scale can get TA of Rs 350 per month.
Earlier, the scheme was available for only disabled employees working in the government offices.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 20, 2019 India Premier League season starts 23 March
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News