Odisha government to provide travel allowance to disabled employees
June 19, 2017
The government of Odisha has decided to pay Rs 350 as travel allowance (TA) per month to disabled employees working in private sector.
The proposal for the travel allowance was approved by Odisha Finance Minister Sashi Bhushan Behera.
The move comes ahead of the 7th Pay Commission suggestions which is likely to declare a hike of 14.5% percent to the state government employees by the end of June.
Now disabled people working in private colleges, schools, companies where they receive salaries and daily allowance (DA) on government pay scale can get TA of Rs 350 per month.
Earlier, the scheme was available for only disabled employees working in the government offices.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News