Odisha government to provide travel allowance to disabled employees
June 19, 2017
The government of Odisha has decided to pay Rs 350 as travel allowance (TA) per month to disabled employees working in private sector.
The proposal for the travel allowance was approved by Odisha Finance Minister Sashi Bhushan Behera.
The move comes ahead of the 7th Pay Commission suggestions which is likely to declare a hike of 14.5% percent to the state government employees by the end of June.
Now disabled people working in private colleges, schools, companies where they receive salaries and daily allowance (DA) on government pay scale can get TA of Rs 350 per month.
Earlier, the scheme was available for only disabled employees working in the government offices.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News