Higher secondary education made accessible for visually impaired in Kerala
The general education department of Kerala has given orders to follow certain rules to admit visually impaired students in the state’s higher secondary and vocational higher secondary schools.
The order has details of the admission process to be followed for visually impaired students. The school officials have been asked to make Braille textbooks and audio textbooks available for visually impaired students.
During practical exams, modern technology must be used by the schools for the blind students. Like lab assistant or resource teacher has to be present and practical exam must be held in ‘multiple choice question’ format.
The order also states that scribes allowed for visually impaired students shouldn’t be their relatives. Also, all higher secondary teachers must be given training on inclusive education.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News