Compensation for disabled jawans increased by government
June 20, 2017
Compensation for paramilitary personnel who have suffered a 100% disability due to injuries in action has been increased from Rs 9 lakh to Rs 20 lakh.
This will apply to all central paramilitary personnel whose disability has come about during service on or after 1 January 2016.
For cases with less than 100% disability, the compensation amount is likely to be reduced in proportion to the degree of disability. There are 10 lakh personnel in eight forces that come under the home ministry. They are: Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP), Assam Rifles (AR), National Security Guards (NSG), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
These forces are stationed in some of the most hostile environments like Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern region.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News