Compensation for disabled jawans increased by government
June 20, 2017
Compensation for paramilitary personnel who have suffered a 100% disability due to injuries in action has been increased from Rs 9 lakh to Rs 20 lakh.
This will apply to all central paramilitary personnel whose disability has come about during service on or after 1 January 2016.
For cases with less than 100% disability, the compensation amount is likely to be reduced in proportion to the degree of disability. There are 10 lakh personnel in eight forces that come under the home ministry. They are: Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP), Assam Rifles (AR), National Security Guards (NSG), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
These forces are stationed in some of the most hostile environments like Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern region.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 21, 2019 Vadhu Var Melawa
- Events August 22, 2019 Creative Pattern Workshop For Individuals with Special Needs
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Understanding Autism and Head banging
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
- Get-Hooked August 19, 2019 "Love can be limitless if people recognise, accept and celebrate a person with a difference" - Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Deepa Malik wins Khel Ratna
- Technology August 22, 2019 #TechThursdays – Kibo XS, world’s 1st intelligent personalised scanning & reading companion
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News