Compensation for disabled jawans increased by government
Compensation for paramilitary personnel who have suffered a 100% disability due to injuries in action has been increased from Rs 9 lakh to Rs 20 lakh.
This will apply to all central paramilitary personnel whose disability has come about during service on or after 1 January 2016.
For cases with less than 100% disability, the compensation amount is likely to be reduced in proportion to the degree of disability. There are 10 lakh personnel in eight forces that come under the home ministry. They are: Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP), Assam Rifles (AR), National Security Guards (NSG), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).
These forces are stationed in some of the most hostile environments like Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern region.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019