Rock Garden in Chandigarh to become accessible for the disabled
Rock Garden, the main tourist place of Chandigarh has been included in Accessible India campaign. The campaign aims at providing an inclusive society in which equal opportunities are given for the growth and development of people with physical disabilities to lead productive and safe lives.
Under the plan, facilities for barrier-free movement of the disabled people such as ramps, tracks for the movement of tricycles, special railings and public services will be provided for the disabled people on the areas of the Rock Garden.
It will also have writings in Braille at some places for the visually impaired and the tactile will be used to help the visually impaired understand things by touch.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News