Kochi Metro organised special rides for disabled children
June 21, 2017
A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the Kochi Metro, the metro officials offered free ride to 450 disabled children of 43 special schools, elderly people from old-age homes and children from orphanages.
The disabled children were taken on the special ride with the help of a large number of volunteers who helped them board the train.
Multiple train rides were made to allow the disabled passengers to enjoy every passing station from Palarivattom to Aluva.
Health and Social Welfare Minister K K Shylaja interacted with the disabled kids, who were excited to be the first public passengers on the newly opened Kochi Metro.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Events June 20, 2019 Mental Health Session
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News