Kochi Metro organised special rides for disabled children
June 21, 2017
A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the Kochi Metro, the metro officials offered free ride to 450 disabled children of 43 special schools, elderly people from old-age homes and children from orphanages.
The disabled children were taken on the special ride with the help of a large number of volunteers who helped them board the train.
Multiple train rides were made to allow the disabled passengers to enjoy every passing station from Palarivattom to Aluva.
Health and Social Welfare Minister K K Shylaja interacted with the disabled kids, who were excited to be the first public passengers on the newly opened Kochi Metro.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News